Meets ASTM F567-14 8.4 Power Fastened, Preformed Metallic Coated Steel Round Wire Ties – ASTM Standard Page
Tension Wire Ties are available in three different finishes to match all common chain link coatings:
- 9 gauge — 1.2 or 2 oz.
- 9 gauge — .4 oz.
9 gauge galvanized core coated with Black, Forest or Enser Green, and Brown PVC.
The finished size is 8 gauge. The 8 gauge power drill bit tool is required for vinyl-coated ties.
Note: Easy Twist and Twist Tight Ties are not to be used in residential settings
Tension Wire Ties
Tension Wire Ties are installed around the tension wire and fabric, pinched together, inserted into the twist tool, and twisted. Depending on the tool used, one end of the tie will twist off allowing the drill and tool to come right off the tie or a rotation of the drill and a pull is required to release the tie. See Video.
Available in two different designs
Easy Twist Tension Wire Ties:
- Twisted with an Easy Twist Tool
- Preformed to fits around the tension wire and one wire of the fabric
- After twisting the tail can slide down to lay parallel to the fabric
Twist Tight Tension Wire Ties:
- Twisted with a Twist Tight Tool.
- Preformed to fits around the tension wire and the knuckle of the fabric-vertically
- After twisting the tail will protrude perpendicular to the fabric and cannot be turned
Download Product Information
Architects & Engineers
This section is designed to assist Architects & Engineers develop bid specifications for commercial chain link fencing projects they may be working on. L&C Enterprises-USA’s pre-formed fence ties meet ASTM requirements – ASTM Standard Page. If you have questions about your project, call us at 866-786-1009.
Application: Used for attaching top or bottom tension wire to chain link fabric.
We offer two different styles:
- Easy Twist Tension Wire Tie: Used for most Commercial and Industrial applications in place of hog rings on projects requiring a more secure way of attaching the tension wire to the fence. The twisted tail can slide down and out of the way, lying parallel to the fabric reducing the risk of injury to passing personnel.
- Twist Tight Tension Wire Tie: Used for Correctional Facilities in place of hog rings on projects requiring a tighter bond between tension wire and fabric. No vibration. Tension wire ties. They are twisted opposite the fabric side and protrude out away from inmates so they can tamper with the twisted ends. Also is typically used when Twist Tight Ties are required for tying the fabric to the post and rails. Ties will not come off unless they are cut off.
- Easy Tight Tension Wire Ties: The tie shall be a steel wire preformed to go around the tension Wire and a single wire of the chain link fabric. The two ends shall be power twisted with a tool designed to twist the ends three full twists equivalent to one and one half machine turns. The tie shall be positioned on the Tension Wire with the twisted end lying parallel to the fabric.
- Twist Tight Tension Wire Ties: The tie shall be a steel wire preformed to go around the tension Wire and a knuckle of the chain link fabric. The two ends shall be power twisted with a tool designed to twist the ends three full twists equivalent to one and one half machine turns. The tie shall be positioned on the Tension Wire with the twisted end protruding in a direction opposite the fabric preventing inmates from tampering with the twisted ends. Tie wire shall be the same gauge and coating as the fabric used.